Screen too tall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017, 27' iMac. 3.5 Ghz,Qcore,i5,16 Gig, 1TB
Messed up - ^&#$%*
Screen too tall , hanging below dock. Can move side to side. Not zoomed.Unable to reach lower , right hand corner too bring back to size.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
screen too tall?
like close to the ceiling as opposed to your desk?

seems like your zoomed in on something.. idk if thats true or not since you said your not zoomed..

i say try to zoom out anyway.. if you have a magic mouse or trackpad hit control and scroll as you would on a normal page with your mouse and that will have a zooming effect.. if you have a traditional mouse just try a few things and i think you can zoom with those..

if in fact your not zoomed get on another computer and tell us more about whats wrong.. you will get 0 help with out details.. and your slim on them in your first post...

good luck

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Ttaylor ...good advise.

More info.- the problem is only with iTunes and I've closed everything and restarted...no fix.

When I "control and scroll" the page content (ie: playlists) moves up and down but iTunes
will stay in place .... at the Menu bar and maybe 5 lines below the Dock.
Still plugging away.
Appreciate your help

Screen Shot 2012-11-21 at 1.55.03 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Thanks Ttaylor ...good advise.

More info.- the problem is only with iTunes and I've closed everything and restarted...no fix.

When I "control and scroll" the page content (ie: playlists) moves up and down but iTunes
will stay in place .... at the Menu bar and maybe 5 lines below the Dock.
Still plugging away.
Appreciate your help

Screen Shot 2012-11-21 at 1.55.03 PM.png
Have had this problem with Itunes as well. Except mine has shift a little the left. I have yet to be able to correct it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have had this problem with Itunes as well. Except mine has shift a little the left. I have yet to be able to correct it.

Thanks firesidedog , we'll keep in touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Try changing the screen resolution in System Preferences to a lower resolution. Then change it back to the default and it should be fixed.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks ,J.FO. - that worked.

Changed display to 1680 x 1050 and was able to bring the bottom line up. Changed back to 2560 x x1440 and my iTunes looks it did this morning.
Most excellent.
Regards,
John

C

chas_m

In Lion and Mountain Lion, you can resize iTunes from ANY EDGE.

But yes, one of my pet peeves over the years is that iTunes -- unlike ANY OTHER Mac program -- doesn't use the green button to "intelligently resize" but instead goes to the mini-player (which I don't use).

Good news, everyone! They are finally FIXING THIS in iTunes 11, which will be out in a day or three. Huzzah!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Thanks ,J.FO. - that worked.

Changed display to 1680 x 1050 and was able to bring the bottom line up. Changed back to 2560 x x1440 and my iTunes looks it did this morning.
Most excellent.

Good to hear. I used to have this problem quite often. I had a 13" MacBook, which I would often plug into an external monitor with a much higher resolution. Of course, I'd resize the iTunes window to fill the screen, but when I went back to using the laptop's screen, the iTunes window would still be the same size as before, making it impossible to resize. Of course, this is before Lion and Mountain Lion, which thankfully added the feature to resize the window from any side.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.