Mail Recipients can't save embedded JPGs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
This seems to be an old problem with Apple's email... Windows users can often see an image in an email, but they can't save it to their desktop by Right-Click-Save convention. All images get embedded in the email. As someone who sends a lot of images to different clients, its very frustrating. The Mac was originally designed and touted as the graphic designer's choice in computers but that never seemed to take into account that the majority of designer's _clients_ were using PCs LOL.

Yes, you can zip files but what a PITA that is. Has anyone come up with a smoother solution that is more transparent and faster?

Mike

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
How are you including them? Are you simply adding them to the body or attaching them?

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
I click on the "Attachment" tab with the paper clip. Is there another way other than cut and paste?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Right click on the picture and select view as icon

Or download Attachment tamer so make sure all Mail attachments appear as icons by default

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.