Merging single cbr files into pdf with a cover

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6
hey guys
ive been searching all over for an answer to this and cant find any help anywhere, im hoping someone here can help me. i have around 100 .cbr files and i wish to put them on my iPhone to read on the train etc etc. i have to convert them to a .pdf so my phone reads them with iBook however, 100 files would take up a lot of visual room on the bookshelf, what i want to do is Merge/combine say around 6-10 single .cbr files into one .pdf file to make a 'Volume' and also give it its own unique cover while still keeping the individual comic covers too. so ideally i want to have say 10 'books' on my bookshelf and say i click on 'Vol 1' (that has its own front cover saying 'vol1') and then the first page after the 'vol1' cover is the cover of the first comic book followed by the rest of the comic and the next cover and comic in order. hope that makes sense

Reaction score
If these are commercial files (which I assume they are since they are .cbr's), then you'll likely find that doing so violates copyright protections. I'm not up on my comics so I can't say for certain, but just knowing how other industries handle their files, I'm guessing it's a pretty safe bet.

If you're not violating copyright, it looks to me like you can use something like Calibre for Mac to convert to pdf, then adobe acrobat to combine multiple pdf's into one file which could then be imported into ibooks, etc. I don't think that preview has that feature, but I don't use it often and could be wrong.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are several iOS apps that read comic book files without the need for all that work.

iComic, Comic Zeal, Cloud Readers, Comic Glass, probably more

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.