new to me ibook g4 ...apps?

Reaction score
i just purchased a super cheap ibook g4 and as u all prob know its nearly obsolete in the world of technology, yet thats what i have and i need to know about mac apps?

Reaction score
For most apps, you'll have to find older versions to work on PPC. Intel apps will not work on your PPC.

You shouldn't have any issues finding older versions (I haven't yet).

Welcome to the Mac world!

C

chas_m

I'm sorry to hear that you are beginning your Mac journey with such an antiquated piece of equipment.

You're going to have to be VERY selective about software and try to find versions that will run well on such an old machine. I'd also recommend that you find out the maximum amount of RAM the machine can hold and buy that.

On the whole, though, you'd be better off just sticking with whatever software it has on board (with perhaps the exception of tenfourFox so you can have something like a modern browser) and save up for something much newer. Definitely an Intel Chip, Core2Duo if you can swing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.