Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Its not the price, I need real feedback on quality, anyone can sell "quality" iphone cables and be talking out of their ***.

I'm asking if members here have succesfully bought non-apple sync leads that were of good quality

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've gone through probably 30 or more of those cables in the last 6 years. imho, Apple cables are not worth their price as they don't last any longer than anyone else's cables.

What I have found for longest lasting and best chance of success with brand new cables - look at the ratings.

Pretty much all the cheapest cables are going to have 1:1 ratios of 5 star to 1 star ratings - like the ones in your link - don't buy those - they are junk.

Look for the little more expensive, but still cheap - perhaps these - with a minimum 4:1 ratio.

But, look at the ratings. Just because they are more expensive, doesn't mean they'll be any better.

In my experience, 1/3 to 1/2 of the $1 cables here in the U.S. don't work from day 1 or fail almost immediately afterward. You'll be purchasing new cables 2-3 times a year even if you buy them 2 at a time. Follow the ratings numbers and you should find that reduced to once every year or two.

And don't buy 1 cable at a time. Get em 2 at a time minimum and order more when you open your last one. I order em 3-4 at a time, although I have 6 locations where I charge and keep a minimum of 1 spare at work and at home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.