How to Burn a DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15" Retina... 2X 2TB G-Drives and 1 4TG G-Drive.
OK, I have my MacBook for 3 days now and I need some help....

I have shot some video with GoPro underwater while diving. I purchased Final Cut Pro and manage to piece together a nice video with music and a Title at the beginning. I saved that file as a master to my desktop, it has a MOV extension, obviously.

Now I would like to burn that to a DVD. I have the Superdrive. Do I use Disk Utility to do that or is there a better APP that I need to actually produce the DVD disk...?

Please Help,

Jeff W Waldrop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Unfortunately, it looks like Apple is trying to steer people away from optical media, primarily by dropping their useful DVD burning tools like iDVD and DVD Studio Pro (the latter of which used to be bundled with Final Cut Pro, the former was bundled with the iLife suite that came with every new Mac).

Burn, as Louishen mentioned above is a great little freeware program that will burn all kinds of different discs, but it does NOT do DVD conversion. So, if your file is in .MOV format, you're not going to be able to view that on a DVD player even if it's burnt to disc.

For more comprehensive conversion and burning, I recommend Toast, though it's not cheap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Burn, as Louishen mentioned above is a great little freeware program that will burn all kinds of different discs, but it does NOT do DVD conversion. So, if your file is in .MOV format, you're not going to be able to view that on a DVD player even if it's burnt to disc.

Sorry but you are wrong there.
Burn - Home
Converting.
Forget worrying about conversion. Burn will take your video and audio files and turns them in the right format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.