cleaning ipod/removing scratches

U

UncSki1218

i want something to remove surface scratches from my ipod screen and plastic screen cover. what are your opinions on iklean, icleaner, or homemade cleaners? which seems to work the best?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i've used iclean, and really not to much happened...I sprayed some windex on a paper towel and washed it and it looks better than any iclean i used

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For the back, I use car wax. Seems to work like a champ for me. for the front, plastic polish, the kind they sell in Automotive stores.

OP
E

ethea

I noticed that the paper towels themselves can put hairline scratches in the units. Is there a special material that I should use when applying the plastic polish?

Reaction score
Paper towels have small wood chips in them that's why they scratch. Use a soft cloth, old t-shirt or cotton buds (the ones for removing makeup).

Reaction score
Go over and have a look at www.ipodlounge.com . In their forums they have a definitive scratches sticky thread which will help you for sure.

My iPods battery lasts about 15 minutes now :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
Brasso is the best. I read a UK magazine that tested all sorts of products and the brasso got out even key scratches.

Make sure you have a cloth that won't scratch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
GLJones said:
Brasso is the best. I read a UK magazine that tested all sorts of products and the brasso got out even key scratches.

Make sure you have a cloth that won't scratch.

Ya, I wanted to see if it worked, so I convinced my friend to use it on his. HOLY **** it worked wounders! The thing looked like new!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.