General nooby questions..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 inch.
Hi there!

I'm new on here, so please be nice!

Brought A new macbook pro a couple of weeks ago and also purchased the Macbook Pro for dummies book too.

I am really pleased with my recent purchase as I am very impressed with how apple have managed to create such a powerful and beautiful machine.

I am looking to invest in a cooling pad, but I am unsure which one to go for. I spend most of my work time (on windows) and my relaxing time (on mountain lion). At a sterdy desk.

Which cooling pads would you recommend and because I spend most of my time on windows which keyboard and mouse accessories would you recommend buying for such tasks as data inputting, and sage, excel spreadsheets..

Thanks for reading my first thread on this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I am guessing you are using Bootcamp to dual boot into Windows. Not clear.

1. If you are using Bootcamp, I would recommend using the Apple Wireless Keyboard and either the Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad.

2. If you are using the MBP with the screen open, there is no real need to have a cooling pad. This is also running on the assumption that you are not running the notebook 24/7 - which no notebook (Mac or Windows) is designed to do.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with member Deckyon about the cooling pad. Not needed. However, I do recommend a notebook stand which will allow air to flow underneath the machine and more importantly, protect it somewhat from spills. Spills are a lot more detrimental and disastrous to your machine than overheating.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 inch.
Yeah I am running windows on bootcamp and I am also running my laptop for about 8 hours a day usually. It is my main source of entertainment during the week.

Thank you for the advice Deckyon and chscag, I shall look to purchase an Apple Wireless Keyboard and the Magic Mouse in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP w/15" Retina, i7 quad core 2.7Ghz, 768 gb SSD, 16gb Ram
This is also running on the assumption that you are not running the notebook 24/7 - which no notebook (Mac or Windows) is designed to do.

I'd have to disagree.

All Apple laptops are designed to run 24/7. The only limitation is where the laptop is placed....if placed on carpet or a bed, or anyplace that impedes airvents, then all bets are off.

During product development, Apple runs their laptops through grueling environments. This is true with other makers too.

As long as the laptop is placed in a well vented area, it can run for years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.