Lightsnake not allowing playback on garageband

Reaction score
I have a lightsnake microphone-USB cord which I use to plug in my Samson Microphone into my MacBook Pro to use for with Garageband.
My problem is that while it works just fine for recording audio, I have to unplug it in order to play back what I just recorded. This obviously makes it difficult to record multiple tracks because I cant hear the playback through my headphones while the microphone is plugged in.. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Plug it in then go to system preferences (Apple -> system preferences)

Click on sound preferences then under input, make sure that your microphone is being properly detected. Select it for input if it's not already.

Now under output (still under sound system preferences), make sure that your normal output is selected whether it be internal speakers or an audio interface etc. Whatever you normally use to listen to your stuff.

Now start Garageband.

My theory is that your computer is thinking that it's just a USB audio device available for input and output so when you plug it in, it will record but not output your audio, thus no sound when playing back your tracks.

OP
C
Reaction score
I after trying to adjust the audio output/input setting of the computer I found that it was the same problem, just with garageband itself. You can adjust the input/output setting in garageband as well and that fixed the problem. Thanks for your feedback!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.