Moving images from Mac onto external hard drive

Reaction score
I bought a new MacBook Air a few weeks ago and have been enjoying editing photos etc using the software. Problem is, when I try and move these over to my external hard drive (an Elements drive) it doesn't work - the 'no entry' sign just appears. I can view and bring images from my hard drive over to the Mac but just not the other way around. Can anyone help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your Elements drive is likely formatted as NTFS (Windows format) and as such your new MBA can only read the drive not write to it. In order to write to that drive you will either have to convert it to a compatible format or install a driver to your MBA that will allow writing to it. The driver we recommend is called Paragon NTFS and can be downloaded from here. ($19.95)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.