Recommendations for simple 3D modelling software.

Reaction score
Hi,
I produce '3D' diagrams of racetracks around New Zealand, and have been using Illustrator for this so far. It's worked because most of the sealed circuits (Timaru, Teretonga etc) are flat, so I can draw an accurate 2D path and swing it around using Illustrator's 3D function to make it look '3D' (see page 5 of http://issuu.com/andyknightmotorsport/docs/v8st_2012_r3).

I'm looking at doing something similar with motocross tracks, and really need to to start working in genuine 3D to show the jumps. Does anyone have recommendations on what software to use? I want to keep the artwork fairly simple (both in terms of construction and final graphic) and not have to invest more than a few hundred if possible. A fully featured 3D modelling kit isn't what I'm after - just something simple but does what I want. Haha, everything for nothing :)

Thanks,
Matt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
I could be way off...have you looked at Google SketchUp...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.