new iMac vs Mac Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Mid 2012 Quad 3.2GHz 6 GB OWC 240G SSD/ 1TB HDD
Hello Mac Users,

New to the thread here, but here goes,
I have been wanting to upgrade my project studio for the last year, and with the flexibility of the Mac Pro Quad, have had my mind set on purchasing the Mac Pro Quad 3.2GHz,. until I spoke with Apple and the suggest getting the new iMac due in December. This project studio will be use for recording more on the small scale projects, 2-8 inputs, at most 24-30 track playback. moderate plugins. I thought the Mac Pro would allow me to do what I need and more.
I would be using ProTool 10 with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (firewire) interface and using
software drums most of the time. My concern is, will this iMac limit connectivity or flexibilty
I know a year ago, the Mac Pro looked like a better fit for me, now I'm not so sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Guess it is a matter of opinion. Was a confirmed Mac Pro quad user prior to moving to a current model iMac after advancing age and shoulder surgery. Considering the advantages of four hdd bays, upgradeable graphics, dual DVD burning capabilities and easy access to interior for cleaning, upgrading memory and hard drives to SSD, the Mac Pro will still reign supreme.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.