Very specific audio problem

Reaction score
I've got a Mac Mini from 2011 running 10.8.2 using this setup as far as audio goes:

Creative 2.1 speakers plugged into headphone jack.
HDMI audio to primary monitor (it's an HDTV).
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate MAC Edition (keyboard) with P11 Turtle Beach headphones plugged into the audio and USB ports on the keyboard.

The problem:

No sound when I want to watch Youtube/Vimeo/Livestreams using the headphones (from the keyboard).

There IS sound from the headphones if I watch Netflix. There IS sound from everything when I play via the Mac Mini headphone port (that plays out of the speakers).

Playing iTunes with sound directed to the headphones (from the keyboard) also works.

I play Diablo 3 and use Skype to communicate with friends at the same time. Skype audio is fine coming through the headphones while Diablo 3 sound comes out the speakers.

I'm using chrome.

No idea what is happening. I'm thinking it's something with 10.8.2?

It makes no sense to me. Not a problem with the headphones because sound does come out of them, be it music, system audio or from Netflix. I don't think it's the Mac Mini because sound plays through the headphone jack just fine. I don't think it's the overall setup because for all intents and purposes everything works. It's just those specific browser based things.

I don't even know how to search for this particular problem.

Please help.

EDIT: Tried playing out of Pandora - no luck.

Also tried plugging in different headphones into the keyboard but they don't register. I am able to find the P11 headset because of the USB aspect of it.

Reaction score
Just to troubleshoot, have you tried YouTube in a different browser (FireFox, Safari, Opera, etc)?

Reaction score
I recently had to purchase a new mac mini with pre installed 10.8. Come to find out,no midi kb. works with 10.8. none of the midi control data or assignments work with ableton live(latest version)...Now I am going backwards to snow leopard. Good luck-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.