Sound editing software for Mac

Reaction score
Does anyone know of good sound editing software for Mac as good as Adobe Audition (which is only available for Windows)? One that includes the ability to remove surface noise from lp records, increase/decrease dB levels and perform hiss reduction.

Thanks.

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black
GarageBand is just as good as AA,
except for when recording vocals...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
soundtrack pro works will with noise reduction and other forms of fixing audio .. sound levels and such.. i use it alot of edit sound for my videos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
audacity does that stuff ( i think )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
LOGIC! Thats my answer to everything, but that is only if you are willing to pay over a hundred pounds like I did, I use logic all the time and I never have any sound editing problems, not only do you get a lot of sounds you can edit and create but you can also record audio sounds if you wanted, you can also use video in logic if you wanted to put video to sound. This program is going round replacing the old skool hi-tech hardware gear you see in studio's nowadays. It is generally though for more studio use, still thought it is recommended.

M

macaudiodj

makwanad said:
LOGIC! Thats my answer to everything, but that is only if you are willing to pay over a hundred pounds like I did, I use logic all the time and I never have any sound editing problems, not only do you get a lot of sounds you can edit and create but you can also record audio sounds if you wanted, you can also use video in logic if you wanted to put video to sound. This program is going round replacing the old skool hi-tech hardware gear you see in studio's nowadays. It is generally though for more studio use, still thought it is recommended.
I double that, I Logic is amazing. Soundtrack Pro is allso good for audio restoration, but I would recomend logic over soundtrack any day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.