Time Machine

Reaction score
I have a 1TB internal harddisk mac which has data for about 500GB. I bought a 1TB Seagate harddisk and I've started time machine backup of my Mac data. What all does it back up? Is this useful? And once I finish backing up, can I revert back my extHD and erase all the back ups and use it as a normal harddisk? Which is better, Time Machine back up or our Good old Copy and paste kinda Backup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Personally I would leave the TM drive as is and let it do its thing, if and when it becomes full it will begin to delete backups, oldest first, to make room for new ones.

I would recommend you read the Backup sticky here.http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...official-backup-faq-start-backing-up-now.html

And yes personally I would say backing up is an essential part of running a Mac.;D, if you do not want to possibly hit issues in the future.

OP
N
Reaction score
If I delete something from my Mac, will that be automatically deleted from my back up as well? If it doesn't get deleted automatically, how should I delete it from the Backup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No it will not be deleted from backup, but on the next backup it will not appear as it is no longer on the Mac. Hope that makes sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your welcome, enjoy Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.