Not receiving emails from 2 people, Outlook folders gone, permissions not accessible

Reaction score
Forgive me, this is for my boss' computer and I'll have to get more details when I can get him off the computer.

For the past few weeks he has not been able to receive mail to his Outlook inbox from me. I have logged into our email provider's web portal and the emails do show up there, so I know it's not our email provider. When he was poking around in Outlook he was not able to access his permissions. I assumed it had something to do with that, I know there is a limit, but the fact he can't even access that is fishy. He used to have a folder setup that all my emails went into and that's gone.

Now he can't get emails from his wife/our controller (yes, small company). Her folder is gone too. Obviously this has to be fixed immediately. It's quite possible he's not getting other people's emails as well.

I have seen the folders disappear in a Windows machine, found something online for the person with the issue, I thought it had something to do with the folder being flat out deleted, and that person was able to restore it. In this case my boss claims he did not delete the folder, it just disappeared.

I am not a Mac user (sigh) and probably could figure this out if it was on a Windows machine, but my inexperience with Macs made me just come here first so I don't drive myself crazy trying to find the solution. Our computer tech is a Windows guy too, and more of a hardware guy, so he doesn't have the solution to this either.

He is getting my emails to his mac.com address. I don't think that matters, but figured I'd throw it out anyway. He's on a MacBook Air, the system is less than 6 months old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.