Linksys Mac /PCpc conections

E

eduardo ortega

I try to configure a new Linksys wireless router, my Imac picks up the signal, but I can get my note book to work. I follow all the directions but still I can't conect. Does the notebook picks up the Link sys Ip autmativaly, Can enyone help me, thank you

OP
B

badmojo

The Linksys may be blocking the laptop. Is this a Win laptop or a Mac? Is the wifi on the laptop turned on?

OP
E

eduardo ortega

The laptop is Win and has Win 2k. the wifi card in the laptop is working fine but I still nanot get to the internet, I took my laptop to a friends home that has a Linksys and I could get internet OK, My Linksys is brand new. my iMac pick up the Linksys fine but is conected to LAN. Do you think is an IP problem with my notebook. Thank you for your help

OP
E

eduardo ortega

I forgot to tell you that I try it in my friend house , he had a PC with WIN XP and a note book also with wind 2K, is ther a difference in instalation of the Linksys, what could I do in order that my Linksys accepts nor only my Mac but also my notebook. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.