Backing Up..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all i'm new here and have searched all over the place but have not seen this question asked or answered so i thought id ask here and hopefully someone can help,|

I want to buy a new imac 27 for my music production as im currently running out of space on my pro and also want something a little more powerful etc.

My question is, I have everything backed up through time machine onto an external 2TB hard drive and want to duplicate everything exactly the same as my pro onto the new imac
But i bought my pro second hand which came with some illegitimate software on there that i would like to keep also but obviously i dont have the serials for and was wondering if they will work as normal once the back up is restored as it was before?
I pay my ways support the people that make these great products for us and have spent ££ on software but there are some things that are on my pro that were installed before me and i would like to keep them and use them as i did before until i can afford to buy the software.?

Thanks and i hope this made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.