buying/using/installing Microsoft Word 2003 for my new Mac OS X

Reaction score
I would very much like to buy (or install my own original version?) of either Microsoft Word 2003 or Office 2003 and use it on my brand new Mac with the OS X. (1) Do I need to buy a special version of the old software? (2) CAN I buy said version anywhere; and (3) can it actually be compatible with the Mac?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Microsoft Office 2003 is Windows only. Unless you were going to use it by dual booting or from a virtual machine, it will not install in OS X. The latest version of MS Office for the Mac is 2011. There is also Office 2008, the previous version. Any version earlier than 2008 will no longer work with the latest OS X. (Lion and Mountain Lion)

OP
B
Reaction score
THANK YOU not only for the courtesy of your reply, but also the quickness. Hope you have a terrific week.!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.