Problem with MAC Photostream activation

Reaction score
I am attempting to activate photostream on my MAC. I have gone to preferences and into the icloud settings, but the photostream will not allow me to activate it. It is displayed in a lighter color and I cannot check the activation block.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
What other device are you trying to photo stream with? Do you have the iCloud settings for photostream on the other device activated?

I'm no expert here but it is working fine for me, so I will try and help...

OP
P
Reaction score
What other device are you trying to photo stream with? Do you have the iCloud settings for photostream on the other device activated?

I'm no expert here but it is working fine for me, so I will try and help...

I have two iPads and two iPhones synced together for photo stream. They share fine... Yet my MAC will not!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13” i5 (2012) , iPhone5 16GB (white), iPhone4 8GB (white), iPad2 64GB 3G, Apple TV
do you have iPhoto installed? (iPhoto is mandatory, in order to activate Photostream on Mac)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
With both iPhoto and Aperture you will see a heading in the left column called photo stream as my screen shot. You need to click this to setup photo stream in either iPhoto or Aperture.

Screen Shot 2012-11-06 at 22.36.20.png

C

chas_m

Also, Mac is short for Macintosh. It's not an acronym, so there's no reason to capitalise it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.