Mac won't open any application, apps go unresponding.

Reaction score
Ever since yesterday, i had a problem with my mac that it would not open any apps.
Chrome would work but, it wouldn't load anything.

Has anyone experienced this problem or dealt with it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

As a new member not familiar with the forums.... please do not post your question to more than one forum. That's known as cross posting. Only post to one forum. I removed your cross post.

Now, in order to help you with your question... provide us with some info about your Mac (year and model) and which version of OS X you're using. Also, have you recently installed any new software or updates that could have caused the problem to occur?

OP
T
Reaction score
Mac apps

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

As a new member not familiar with the forums.... please do not post your question to more than one forum. That's known as cross posting. Only post to one forum. I removed your cross post.

Now, in order to help you with your question... provide us with some info about your Mac (year and model) and which version of OS X you're using. Also, have you recently installed any new software or updates that could have caused the problem to occur?

Alright 2 things

First, Thx for the update

Second, MY mac specs:

My mac is a 2.3Ghz with 4GB of Ram. its a 15' inch and is 1 year and 2 months old.
My mac runs Mountain Lion and the last thing i downloaded was a Team Fortress 2 map from tf2maps.com called the great class dash and i haven't updated anything. If you're talking about those apple software updates i didn't update those too.

Reply if info is not clear or not enough

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Hi,

Not saying there is a definite link here, but have a look at this thread http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/288387-cant-switch-applications-all.html re (Team Fortress 2), it seems very strange that yours and that user are having this issue only since yesterday.

Maybe fully remove Team Fortress 2 and see what happens.

This is good advice. If you specifically did/installed/changed something that causes an adverse reaction, the first thing you should do is try reverting that "something" to see if it goes away. If it does, then that's a starting point in figuring out what is going wrong..

OP
T
Reaction score
I could try it but, my finder doesn't work too. I could try it for about 14 seconds then it asks me to continuously relaunch.

Sorry for the long replie's. I live in thailand so night is day and day is night according to the timezone the website is using

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What about from safe mode?

C

chas_m

To activate safe mode: restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down IMMEDIATELY upon hearing the startup tone. Keep holding it until you see the words "Safe mode" on the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats one way to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.