Does the Time Capsule work as a wifi "router"?

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a Time Capsule and I am currently in Germany where I only have a ethernet cable connected to the wall as a source of internet. I was wondering if there is a way to connect that to the Time Capsule in order to create a wifi network that my macbook and ipod can connect to. I have tried multiple things, followed all the directions etc. and it "connects" all the lights are green, however it will not actually connect to the internet.

I have also tried to use my macbook as a wifi hub or whatever it is called and the same thing happens, my ipod will connect to it but the internet does not go through/cannot connect to a web page.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Yes the Time Capsule works as a wifi router. Your incoming ethernet connection (coming from a modem of some description?) connects to your WAN port on the Time Capsule. This is important, it must connect to the WAN port, not one of the 4 LAN ports

If you're doing this and it's still not working I'd try contacting your internet supplier. It may be that you need to register the MAC address of any router that's attached.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.