Why I phone 4 or 4s has become so uncool Now

Reaction score
My Friends and Me are Having I phone 4s and Some Have iPhone 4 but not all are saying they should upgrade their Phone to Note 2 or Samsung Galaxy S3. Really the I phone 4 or 4s has become so uncool Now......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 27" 2.93GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac 12Gb Ram OS X 10.8.5 / 10.10
I think Apple is going the way of say BMW, where back in the day it was only bosses and executives who drove one, but now anyone can have one, so the brand has lost its exclusivity (new is still very expensive though, but a used one is affordable to the masses).

Go with what is best for you/friends at the time.
Both platforms have their positives & negatives.

I use both iOS and Android and am very happy with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I have an iPhone 4S and have no plans to upgrade to the iPhone 5. My phone does everything I need it to do, so why should I go to the expense of upgrading just because it is now an older model.

If your phone still does what you want it to do then I would say stick with it and save the money till you have to upgrade because of a loss or breakage or serious malfunction.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So telling someone to upgrade from an iPhone 4/4S to another phone makes the former uncool? What sort of logic is that? Buy and use the phone you want based on your needs and likes not what others deem is cool or others say you should do..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Whenever a newer model of anything comes out, some people will say the older versions are uncool. When the new Galaxy comes out, the current one will be uncool. Just get what you like and nuts to everyone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Very good advice from Oneironaut, my sentiments exactly.

Reaction score
Just remember, there are many people in the world who can't afford ANY cellphone whatsoever and would LOVE to have a phone including any generation of the iPhone. Be content with what you have and try to always see the cup as half full. It makes life soooo much easier.

Reaction score
Your friends sound like followers ("bandwagoners" to an extent).

If you're content with your phone and it does everything you need then that's all that matters.

C

chas_m

Also, why would you throw away the money you spent on iOS app and start over (re-buying) the Apps on Android? This makes no sense at all.

I'm sure the Note 2 and the Galaxy S III are nice. I've handled them, they are plastic and cheap-feeling but they perform just fine. But as others have pointed out, in not even a year from now there will be a Note 3 and a Galaxy S IV and you will be stuck with your "uncool" old model.

Also, should mention that when you buy Android, generally speaking your carrier determines when and if you ever get OS updates. This SUCKS and is a *seriously* major drawback to Android. The carriers have VERY little incentive to let you upgrade beyond perhaps once, so very quickly you are stuck with an un-upgradeable phone and ... guess what ... have to buy a new one from the carrier!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
I think one generation older models are champs - that's where you're getting good value. Phones, cars, you name it...just not wives :D

Reaction score
4s is faster, but i actually miss my 3gs's metal body and finish quality :S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.