airport & fritz box

Reaction score
My Fritz Box is protected with a password and works fine with two computers, an Intel Mac and a Windows PC.
It used also to work with a G3 iMac until I decided for some reason to delete on this one the hard disk to re- install OS X 10.3.
Since then the Air Port shows on this Mac the Fritz Box (7113) on the Network list, but keeps telling me that I write the wrong password, even though it's the correct one.
I re-installed the system, and when this didn't work I erased again the hard disk and re-installed the system. Nothing!
I tried erasing the air port preferences, somehow difficult to find on this old system. No way!
The ethernet doesn't work either. I connected a cable to the Fritz box, but the computer keeps asking for a connection.
I wrote the IP address of the Fritz Box on the given place, but it was ignored.
If I was a computer freak I could go, maybe, in the guts of the system, discover the unknown password so dear to the airport and delete it, in order to change it to the one I have, but unhappily I ain't one.
I must add that the System CD is not the original one. The one I installed I got it from a friend. Is it possible that his password is the one that Airport "remembers"?
I'd be extremely grateful for any hint.
Xoan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.