How wide is my smile.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
I have just received my iMac G5 1.8ghz 20" and I think I am seriously going to have to sit about 3 meters back having spent the last 2 years with my 12"in ibook hehehehe

Well. I ordered it from ebay and was a bit unsure about doing so as I had never bought anything more than a couple of hundred £ before. I did all the necessary home work and found the feedback and history of selling these machines so felt safer for buying from this guy than most of the others out there.

Well, we had a few problems leading up to the purchase with his attitude and was worried that this was an early warning.. Anyway, we resolved these issues and I have received today..

Realising that because it was an older version and it shipped with Panther, I have ordered Tiger seperate to get it as fully upto date as possible. As a result of this I was concerned that the specs he had posted of 256mb ram was going to be dodgy for running tiger and a lot of apps as my book has 3XXmb ram and that lags if I have a lot of stuff going at once.

As it was advertised BNIB then I assumed that it would require me to load panther through the install discs and I would just upgrade to tiger when it arrived. I have been loking at RAM also trying to find an extra 1gb to put in there..

Anyway got it all plugged in, switched on and didn't have to put one disc in, just asked me to set a password and what language I wanted and then bam, i was ready to go. Just doing updates to get everything up to 10.3.9 and I thought, I will have a look at the specs and found that there was 2GB Ram already installed....

I had to look about 6 times to check but its true.. so for £800, I have got a 20" iMac with 2gb Ram and Tiger coming. Just plug my isight camera and I will be one happy chappy!!!!!

Anyway thought I would share my good news lol...Edited to say that all the equipment does look brand new and untouched..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Glad to hear it!

eBay is definitely a pretty sketchy place to buy from, but sometimes you get some awesome deals. I'm kind of confused about the RAM issue though, I could've sworn that all G5s came with AT LEAST 512MB RAM. (anyone know for sure?) Having 2 GB of RAM is awesome, my 15" Powerbook has the same.

Anywho, congrats!

...and thanks once again for doing the live updates for the MWSF yesterday, I don't think my "Reload Page" button has ever got that much attention.... :mac:

Reaction score
Hi there I am selling my G5 Isight on Ebay at the moment with 1gb of ram and I can cnfirm that the standard is 512mb from Apple.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
Smartz said:
Hi there I am selling my G5 Isight on Ebay at the moment with 1gb of ram and I can cnfirm that the standard is 512mb from Apple.

mine was the model before isight, i think, 1.8ghz processor. Whoever has done it would have had to take whatever is in there to put the 2 x 1 gb in....

Was just a nice suprise as I was hinking maybe I should have just gone for he isight one but couldnt justify spending and extra £100 for the diff when I have an isight already..

Still smiling lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.