Windows applications

Reaction score
I have just purchased my first iMac and am in the process of loading software to it. My main use for the machine is going to be for photography. I currently have Lightroom (v4) on the iMac and have previously been using Photoshop (in windows). I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using Photoshop from the Windows platform on the iMac?

Whilst I appreciate it would probably be better to run the Mac version of the software, I am reluctant to spend a large amount of cash for this version.

I don't have much option but to run Windows for some of my apps on the Mac as certain of these are not available in the mac format, ie mapping software. I was intending to load Parallels 8 along with the cheapest version of Windows I could find.

Any advice appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
Go to Contact Support and Customer Service and either call them or click the Chat button. Ask what it will cost for a cross-platforum license upgrade. Might be cheaper than buying Windows and will be integrated with your OS X version of LightRoom.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the response and it would certainly be something I would consider, however I have a number of other applications which are Windows only.

I am led to understand that Parallels 8 is the better option for working across both platforms, particularly for large file sizes.

M

MacInWin

You might be better served with BootCamp, which will let you boot your iMac into native Windows. No overhead from Parallels, but you have to choose which one you want when you boot. But I'd talk to Adobe as Lightcraftsman said before I did anything. You may be surprised.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.