iphoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The best way for me is to resize photo by emailing to myself then send it to the desktop and in the add click on attachments and select photo from desktop do to their size restrictions.

C

chas_m

iPhoto does not resize photos. Osxx was referring to self-mailing, where MAIL gives you a few preset options to reduce the file size.

The simplest way to resize a photo is to simply drag it out from iPhoto the desktop (you'll need to turn off full screen mode for this if you have it on). This creates a copy of the photo. Open the copy in Preview and resize, add text, etc). Save your changes, upload or add the photo as you like. Once uploaded, delete the one sitting on your desktop unless you think you'll need it again.

Reaction score
You can add photos to craigslist without having to put them on the desktop and then delete when done. From craigslist Browse window click Browse just like you would to add any other photo from a folder. When the Finder window open scroll on down past Pictures in the sidebar and under Media you will see Photos, select that and iPhoto will open and you can select any photo you want and upload to craigslist. I don't think I have ever had to resize a photo on there and I have put some large ones on there.

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 10.16.23 AM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.