Newbie to Mac

Reaction score
I wanted to try Mac v PC for myself so bought one....

Typical way didn't investigate what was best just went on the one I could afford.

So a G5 ( not intel ) with Leopard installed. I am trying to avoid making it a Windows clone and so far all Mac software is doing just fine. ( once I got used to it )

There is one exception and it is the program I run to keep tack of my finances. I use Acemoney Lite and want to run this on my Mac. It says it won't run on my architecture.

The answer was to reinstall the program or if they failed and I still got the no entry symbol on my icon re-install xquartz. I did all that and still no joy.

So finally to the question: Am I missing something simple like where to place the program ( currently in Applications ) or is there something I need to do in X11 ( no idea on how to use that yet ) I continue to search the forums but struggle.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There is one exception and it is the program I run to keep tack of my finances. I use Acemoney Lite and want to run this on my Mac. It says it won't run on my architecture.
This would suggest that the application has been built for the Intel architecture (which you are not running). If this is indeed the case, you're out of luck.

When you right click the application and select "Get Info", what does it say for "Kind"?

OP
T
Reaction score
I am liking this new experience. Wish I had researched before and could afford an intel based machine but such is life.

Will be my next target. Once I have sorted finance program I will slowly move from PC I think

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.