imac

Reaction score
Hi does my imac need security installing on it as it seems to be running bait slower lately and the toolbar display has changed on its own for some reason ?? Should i be concerned ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forum.....

If you have been visiting those sites, or have downloaded cracked Apps, then you could have Malware but not virus. There are no viruses in the wild for the Mac OS. . . .
What do you mean that the toolbar has changed on it own ??
And as for the slow down that could be due to a getting full HD or you might need to Repair Permissions on your HD to clean it up a bit

OP
B
Reaction score
The toolbar is now just one long toolbar with "reader" to the left of it ...were as it used to have a smaller google toolbar next to it ???? Was wondering why it changed >>I am not very good on computers so thort why has it changed >>> what did u say i needed to do to clean up my iMac >>> Thanks for your advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
First with the toolbar, right click on it and then customise toolbar and customise, but then again if you upgraded Safari then the "toolbar" changed so it hasnt really changed :)

Repair permission

Open Disk Utility forund in the Applications folder then Utilities.
Click on the HD in the left column
Make sure the first aid tab is clicked in the top bar and then Repair Permissions under the window.
Once all done, and forget about all the logs in the window, Log out and then back in and you should have a faster Mac :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.