Locked photos

Tar

Reaction score
My macbook Pro (os tiger) dumped all my pics out of iPhoto and Aperture . I did a search and found them . I put them in a folder and moved them to an external Hd . When I try to open them with my new Macbook (os 10.7.5 ) they say they are locked and will not open full size . Any Ideas .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I've no idea what locks them but if you right click on each image and select Get Info you can uncheck the Locked box. Would love to know how to do this in bulk though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Found it...
MacRumors had the answer for bulk unlocking. Not the most succinct answer but it works.

1. Using Finder, the top level folder of those files that you want to unlock. Switch to List View mode (cmd-2).
2. You should now see a finder pane containing only those files and folders that you want to unlock.
3. Cmd-a to Select All.
4. Open all the sub-folders. With all selected, opt-command-right arrow to open up alllll the children.
5. Cmd-A to select all
6. Opt-Cmd-I to bring up the single pane inspect
7. Unlock

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.