Why does Mail attach all images?

Reaction score
When I paste an image into the body of an email I'm creating, it appears in the email body on my screen, but is sent as an attachment. How can I keep images from becoming attachments?

I also have my work logo at the bottom of emails, along with icons for Facebook etc, that also move into attachments. So every email I send has a bunch of attachments but no graphics.

I tried going to settings and messing around, but can't figure out. The "send as windows friendly attachments" box does not seem to matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Your image is an attachment. Mail defaults to show the image. If you Right/Ctrl click on it you get the option for it to show as an icon.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks. I now see how to place as an icon. But my big problem is that I do not want images (photos, logos, etc) to be attachments. But all the images I send in email are attachments. It drives friends and colleagues crazy. Every one of my emails has several attachments (non documents). For example, my email signature line includes my non profit's logo. That logo looks fine when I draft the email and push send, but when received, it shows up as an attachment. So the reader thinks there is something attached and it's just a dumb logo. Same thing happens if I try to paste in a photo etc.

C

chas_m

The reader should be seeing it BOTH inline AND as an attachment. Your files ARE attachments and there's no way around that. If they can't see the images inline, they need to upgrade their email client to something modern.

Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.