best case for iphone 5

Reaction score
Well the iphone 5 is on order and naturally I am waiting impatiently. In the meantime I am reviewing which case would be a good one. I hear god things about the Belkin grip candy, and the cygnett carbon fiber urban shield.

Any input would be appreciated.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I like the Speck Grip

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
So far I like none of the casses that are out right now. >_>"

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well the iphone 5 is on order and naturally I am waiting impatiently. In the meantime I am reviewing which case would be a good one. I hear god things about the Belkin grip candy, and the cygnett carbon fiber urban shield.

Any input would be appreciated.

What are your parameters for the "best case for iPhone 5"?

What's "best" to one person…can be "worst" to another.;) So it helps to let folks know what you want in a "best iPhone 5 case".

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
What i find as best for 'me' is the BookBook BookBook for iPhone - BookBook for iPhone - Twelve South
Have already put in my interest for when the BookBook for iPhone5 is released in November. The one for my iP4 is holding up really well. The 4 didnt have a hole for the camera but with a redesign they are including a hole for the BookBook iPhone5 . . . . . Mind you i love all the TwelveSouth products and already one a few :)

bookbook.jpg
[/URL]

[/IMG]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I went for the Snugg Pouch case in black.

Since iPhone 3 I've tried shields, soft cases, hard cases, flip cases, folio cases but I always end up taking them off because I like to use and hold the phone as is. Doesn't suit everyone. But for me the slip case style gives me protection for it in my pocket and moving place to place but lets me actually use the phone unimpeded by an always-on case

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
The new iPhone 5 does break new ground for these devices. Scratching issues nonwithstanding, this is the lightest, slimmest, and sturdiest iteration in the lineup. And this phone has an enhanced beauty factor combined with a tactile feel that is prompting many owners to go with either a slim case or even no case at all. I think that the major case manufacturers have some options out there, but word is that a lot more options will be available by the end of the year. Otterbox and Speck are popular for those concerned about their latest iPhone becoming a frisbee. Belkin, Incipio, and also Speck currently have options for slim line cases. But it does depend on wether you are looking for max protection, or max phone visibility and feel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I put Ghost Armor on my iPhone 4 about 2 yrs ago and it's held up great the whole time. I'm putting either Ghost Armor or Invisi Shield on my iPhone 5 this week. Why hide that sexy phone? Especially the new back.

Reaction score
Although it's not available yet, I'm anxiously awaiting the Tactik 5 to become available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.