9.2.2 USB problems

B

Bikerbob

Having a bit of an issue trying to get a KEYSPAN usb card to recognize in a 9.2.2 os 9500 with Os9helper extentions.

When I installed the card it was not found by the OS. I did read that OS 9.2.2 although coming with USB does not install it by default when you upgrad the machine.

I therefore thought I would download them. BUt I got 1.4.1 and not being very smart went ahead and installed them without reading that 9.2.2 had the same thing, though newer and installing 1.4.1 could cause problems.

Well that was correct as I was not able to get the sound control panel to work at all really after it was installed and it returned when I used extensions manager to disable them.

So, how do I get the USB extensions that are supposed to be with 9.2.2 and reinstall them???

Because I am using OS9 helper to get the 9500 up to 9.2.2 I am not able to just reinstall os 9.2.2 because the helper program wants to see 9.2.1 before it will allow an install of 9.2.2

Is there anywhere I can get the OS 9.2.2 USB extenstions themselves??

Thanks

James

OP
B

Badger

Bikerbob said:
Having a bit of an issue trying to get a KEYSPAN usb card to recognize in a 9.2.2 os 9500 with Os9helper extentions.

When I installed the card it was not found by the OS. I did read that OS 9.2.2 although coming with USB does not install it by default when you upgrad the machine.

I therefore thought I would download them. BUt I got 1.4.1 and not being very smart went ahead and installed them without reading that 9.2.2 had the same thing, though newer and installing 1.4.1 could cause problems.

Well that was correct as I was not able to get the sound control panel to work at all really after it was installed and it returned when I used extensions manager to disable them.

So, how do I get the USB extensions that are supposed to be with 9.2.2 and reinstall them???

Because I am using OS9 helper to get the 9500 up to 9.2.2 I am not able to just reinstall os 9.2.2 because the helper program wants to see 9.2.1 before it will allow an install of 9.2.2

Is there anywhere I can get the OS 9.2.2 USB extenstions themselves??

Thanks

James

The older software installers stored the data in files called tomes. If you have either the 9.2.2 install CD or the update installer you can extract the files you need from it with a utility called Tome Viewer. You can find it at www.pure-mac.com, (put the name in the search window). Once you have the extensions you can just drag and drop into the system folder.

Also, if you have access to the software CDs from a machine that came with 9.2.2 as the original system you will find a folder called configurations. In this is a disk image of the system folder as it was originally installed. If you open that image you'll be able to drag and drop the card support extensions into your system folder.

Badger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.