new 2 mac

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been a long time windows user, who is finally going to get rid of that habit! I have never used a Mac, but I love my iPhone, iPods and the way it integrates.

How do I determine what model of Mac is for me. I am thinking used, I don't need the latest or greatest.

I mainly surf the web, use iTunes (I have a large music collection 30,000 + songs, watch movies (connected to my LED tv, and light spreadsheets, word processing etc.

Any advice would be greatly apreciated

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How do I determine what model of Mac is for me. I am thinking used, I don't need the latest or greatest.

Here are these questions I would ask myself:

1. Laptop or desktop?
2. Display size?
3. If a laptop…weight?
4. Budget?

After you answer these 4 questions…you will find the number of Macintosh models to choose from is actually not that long…thus making a decision much easier.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
No matter what, I would recommend moving the iTunes library off the computer to an external drive. This will give you a lot more expansion room and free up the main drive of the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.