viewing picture macbook

Reaction score

So I have a bunch of jpg's in a folder. If it were windows, I'd just click one, and in the previewer i'd just press the next button or arrow key at it would cycle to the next picture. I would like to cycle through pictures in full screen using the arrow keys. By pressing spacebar i can do that but not in full screen. Does any how can I can do this on a macbook pro.
Mac os x 10.7.5

Reaction score
Just drag the folder with the photos you want to scroll to the dock and drop on Preview. Use the double arrows at the top right of Preview to go full screen. Preview can be used for much more than just a quick glance at an image file when you get out of the habit using it like on a windows machine.By dropping a folder or multiple files on Preview you will find all kinds of options that aren't available when you just open a single file.

C

chas_m

Even simpler: click the spacebar, use the arrow keys, make fullsize by clicking on the opposite arrows:

Note that in earlier versions of OS X (10.6 and lower), the full size icon may be located elsewhere.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have tried that before. But that doesn't allow u 2 see the arrows keys to browse the rest of the pictures in the folder.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You don't need to see the arrow keys on the screen - just press the forward and backward buttons on your keyboard.

OP
S
Reaction score
The arrow keys on the keyboard work when I press the spacebar. But once you make it full screen they don't work anymore. I am using Lion OS 10.7.5. Could it be different in Mountain Lion?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.