Sibelius 5 and Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Not a great week.... Upgraded to Mountain Lion to find that my copy of Sibelius 5 crashed after a few seconds. Consult forums, as always, to find Sibelius 5 not supported. If you leave the mixer window open when you shut down, then Upgrade to Mountain Lion, that's it. Avid kindly offered me an Academic Licence for Sib 7 - 50% off = over £200! Am going to try a copy of Sib 6 @ £37 on web. Can't afford to lose years of work.....
Unless someone knows better.......

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Not a great week.... Upgraded to Mountain Lion to find that my copy of Sibelius 5 crashed after a few seconds. Consult forums, as always, to find Sibelius 5 not supported.

This is one of the things (and one of the things I try to remind folks BEFORE they upgrade their OS) is to check the compatibility of their apps. BEFORE upgrading the OS. Especially if the apps are important "everyday" apps….or apps that cost a lot of money (like Adobe Creative Suite and others).

Sometimes the benefits (if any) of upgrading the OS can lead to expensive application upgrades to reclaim compatibility with the new OS version.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.