MBP NEWBIE: upgraded HD from 500GB to 1TB and thought

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late-2012MBP, Early-2009MBP 15"(new to me)iPad Air 64GB iPad Air 2 6
because I made a disk image before doing so, it would be easy to just partition (thought I should have a 750GB main partition and a 250GB secondary partition) then load disk image from ext HD to 750GB main partition. I keep getting the following: /Users/macuser/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 8.33.13 AM.png when I try to transfer the disk image. Perhaps I should go to the actual ext drive name and not specifically the disk image. Any assistance that could be provided would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help!

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I 'think' I figured it out

because I made a disk image before doing so, it would be easy to just partition (thought I should have a 750GB main partition and a 250GB secondary partition) then load disk image from ext HD to 750GB main partition. I keep getting the following: /Users/macuser/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 8.33.13 AM.png when I try to transfer the disk image. Perhaps I should go to the actual ext drive name and not specifically the disk image. Any assistance that could be provided would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help!
I used CCC to make the image file and now I'm using CCC to transfer image from ext HD to new int HD. It might take a few hours as its over 400GB but will post results whether positive or negative. Thanks.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
installing the new 1TB HD went flawlessly

as did the disk image from previous HD to new one. Just wanted to post a follow up.
Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.