Partition Large enough?

Reaction score
Ok, so I've followed this sites forums for years now and dreamed of the day I could have my own (current) mac.... (I bartered for an old g5 quad core loaded with tons of apps I need for work, but its not intel based and I only used it occassionally when had mac format files from clients).... just got my own mac book pro (mid 2012 model, 2.3, 4gig, 15" for only 1400.00)...

I was so happy to have one I went overboard stayed up for hours and hours with it and prematurely setup bootcamp to have a win 7 partition.... I basically split the 500 gb drive in half basically, but now Im worried that my MBP partition might be too small and cause problems later.

Im not doing any heavy video editing (anymore) but may do SOME small / simple projects with aftereffects or imovie later, but mostly Im working with 20mb or so photoshop files and (moreso) HTML / PHP and web development technologies like javascript, etc. etc. -- most of my files are on my network NAS drives so not much saved to MBP I dont think.

QUESTION (finally): guess my question is should I get rid of the bootcamp partition (how easy or hard is that to do (generally speaking)?) and make MBP partition larger? took me a day or two to get win 7 setup the way I want but I dont think I'll spend much time in it since Im leery of the cooling when running bootcamp natively AND when using vmware to run the bootcamp partition fullscreen from lion.

this is way to wordy, I know, sorry... just really on cloud 9 owning such an amazing machine.... all I need now is an adapter to use the old (but still amazing) widescreen cinema display from my g5 quad core that came out around 2005 or 6 (some sort of DVI-like connector) and I'll be getting rid of the two windows machines I've used for the past 14 years.

thanks and again, sorry so wordy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.