Wireless network/powerbook connectivity issues

S

Steel02001

So I have had this problem in a couple of different places.

Here is what happens

My computer will be connected through the airport to a public wireless system. And the computer has either gone to sleep and came back with it can not connect to the internet (look at attached image) and the other time it just started out this way immediatly after I turned on the wireless. So I think if I just completely reset the network preferences (including what networks it remembers?) this will work.

So my question is how do I do this, completely reset the networking preferences to it being fresh out of the box.

And to note, I came home and it connected to my wireless network without a problem at all.

It is a powerbook g4 1.5 ghz

For some reason the picture refuses to load but all it is is the network status page and it shows that the airport says
"Airport is connected to the network University of washington. Airport has a self assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
Have you given yourself a static IP address while at home? That may be the problem. Create a different location in Airport Preferences and set DHCP to configure automatically. Hope that works!

OP
S

Steel02001

It is not a static IP and it works literally everywhere else I go. The airport, my place, friends place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.