Update Gets Corrupted

Reaction score
I have a 2009 model White 13' MacBook, Mac OS X version 10.6.8

I has been working completely fine for years until now.

I re-installed iLife 11. All programs work well but iPhoto doesn't work. I tried re-installing iLife 11 but still the same problem. I can not open iPhoto because it requested me to upgrade the program.

OK. I ran an update several times and it was having problems. I checked on some other forums and they gave me a few instructions which I did.

I ran the update again and and although very slow, it went through all the initial steps to the point where I had to restart my computer in order to install it, at which point half way through that it gave me this message:

"None of the selected updates could be installed.

The updated could no be expanded, and may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs."

What do I need to do to get iPhoto up and running? I've been working on this for about 3 days now and in 2 days I will be somewhere where there is no internet connection and I will be there for a few months so I want to get this working before I go.

Thank you. I appreciate any help on this.

Cheers,
Martino

C

chas_m

I'm not sure, but why not try UNinstalling iPhoto (ie removing everything related to the program except your iPhoto Library) and THEN reinstalling it and updating it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.