MacBook Pro cannot see home wifi!

Reaction score
Hello I am tearing my hair out trying to set up a new MacBook Pro bought in the US on my home wireless network in France. It picks up all the surrounding networks but not mine. Sadly my neighbours will not share their passwords.
So how do I get my MacBook to see my network? It is a Freebox wifi with wpa2 encryption. I have tried manually entering the details but as it cannot see the network at all, this does not help.
Any tips?
Baah

M

MacInWin

Try turning off the security and unhide the SSID if it's hidden and get the two connected. Then log into the router from the MBP and set the security back on and hide the SSID if you un-hid it earlier. Make sure that your router isn't using MAC filtering, or if it is that the router has the MBP MAC address in the database. That's how I set my router (a Linksys) and MBP to talk to each other.

ADDED: If you have to, use an ethernet cable to connect to the router to get them connected, then the wireless should work better. With the security set, there are too many things that can block the two from connecting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.