Dual monitors

Reaction score
My grandson uses a Mac Mini. He has an old monitor, VGA. He got a newer flat screen, digital monitor and wants to use 'em both at the same time... not mirror of same data display; different data on each screen... is this possible? What cable would I get for him?
Thanks, davestates

Reaction score
If the Mac mini has a VGA socket you could just plug in a VGA cable, otherwise use a DVI-VGA converter/adapter, or if you want to use two displays something like this https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...CWpQGeSq-T0PDlK4jRZRI-jDKd9IQ7_H6c9FGWsEJuboU and then use the 'extend desktop' feature.
For sound there should be a different cable plugged in, as neither VGA/DVI are sound carriers.

It should work like this.

SM

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking of using the VGA monitor as that, and the digital monitor as that. Maybe using both as VGA connections may work for him. I'll get one of those adapter cables and see if the "extend desktop" feature does that job.

Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.