OS 8.6/Windows XP Networking Help, Please!

M

macmonkey

Hello!

I am attempting to establish a wired network between a Windows XP PC and my (very) old Blue/White G3 running OS 8.6. My stepdad has a PC which he monopolizes, so I set my Mom up on the B/W G3 so she can have a computer of her own (mainly for internet and digital photos).

My main problem is that I can't find OS 8.6 compatible software (for obvious reasons) that will enable her to download digital photos directly to the G3. I found a card reader with compatible software, but it caused massive problems so it has since been removed. I already have the Mac and PC connected to a router so she is connected to the internet.

Basically, I want to figure out how to enable file sharing so she can download her photos onto the PC and then transfer them via network to the Mac so she can bring them into Photoshop.

I've probably left out important details, so let me know of any other info that may be helpful. I don't even know if this is possible with such an outdated OS, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.