fm transmitter

U

UncSki1218

what do you reccomned for a fm transmitter (already have a car charger) for my new ipod. (5g video)

Reaction score
The best one I found was the iTrip, I don't know if they make a model specific to the 5g yet.

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

FM transmitters dont work well. i have tried 3 of them including the monster version, itrip, and airplay. i took all of them back, i tried them on many cars and find the quality isnt good and you get to much interference, i live in a area where just about ever FM signal is broadcast on and trust me i tried everything to get them to work. the best thing to do is to get a tape deck or an AUX line in for your car. another solution is to get a build in FM modulator in your car they usually cost about $40-70 and most audio shops install them, basically it works like the others but is very powerful and attaches right into your car radio where your antenna goes in.

What kind of car do you have?

If you want info about AUX in for your car model check out this site.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/logjam/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Biturbo - i agree with the FM Transmitter and some dont work as well as others, but it all depends on the area you live in. Yes some are a lil fuzzzy, my Sat radio is on a FM Xmtr too. Just depends on where you go and how long you stay in a mass radiowave area.

But for an optional way to hook it up....AUX input, or if you have a tape deck still in the car use one of those.....all depends really on what kinda of car you have and if the Aftermarket AUX hookup kit is avail for your vehicle or not.

i personally deal with the fuzzyness, i have the Monstercable FM transmitter and a kensington love em both....i just have to search sometimes for a good station.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
I've tried the Tunecast 2 it wasn't that great in the car but really good with my stereo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I've just returned from a trip to Australia. I bought an iTrip for the vacation and that worked well in areas signals were week. Just before leaving for the trip I tried it at home, Portland OR area, and it was a bit pickier. One interesting thing I did find was that to get the best sound, I had to turn the volume down on the iPod to about 3/4 of full. My iPod is a 4G iPod Photo 40Gb version.

The "Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger for iPod" may be your only current option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.