Remoting in to my MBP

Reaction score
So I have a Mid-2010 MacBook Pro 13" and I'm currently only using it because I needed a Mac for xCode/iOS dev. I have NO desire to work on this 13" screen with such low resolution as I have two 24" monitors hooked up to my PC on my desk.

I looked at the dual monitor adapters and I'd rather sell my mac and abandon iOS development before paying the absurd prices for one.

What I am trying to do is use my Win7/8 PC to remote into the Mac and use both my monitors in a semi native manner at their 1920x1080 resolution so that I can do some useful development.

I've looked into the other SDKs for windows and they don't fit my needs.

If anyone knows of a fairly elegant remote solution so I can use my full keyboard/mouse/multi-monitors you'd be a lifesaver.

Thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Can you give me directions/screenshots or something?

A bit reticent to randomly run JARs without filenames on all of my computers...

OP
M
Reaction score
An installer for what?

You linked a random file named Program.jar with no description of what it is, what it does, what it's called or how it works?

Thanks for trying to help but in the malware infested world of today that'd just be irresponsible of me to run without more info.

Is there a website for whatever it is?

OP
M
Reaction score
Hmm, I was positive that there were vulnerabilities in the Java VM that had been exploited in the last month on both Mac and Windows. But I guess the guy giving out random mediafire links is legit.

Good call, bro.

PS - a website would make this much more legit

OP
M
Reaction score
Guess I'm just going to bail on this thread until someone less baked jumps in.

Thanks for your shady download, I'll be sure to email it to everyone in my address book!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Guess I'm just going to bail on this thread until someone less baked jumps in.

Thanks for your shady download, I'll be sure to email it to everyone in my address book!

Good call, it's a link to the same file in every thread he's posted in. I wouldn't touch that thing with a 50' pole, and a windows box I didn't care about.

C

chas_m

Please don't mistake that guy for one of the regulars. Don't know who he is, but he'll be gone soon enough.

I can't help you much because I don't know jack about Windows VPNs, but the Mac is very VPN friendly (built in client, even!) so I would expect there is a simple solution to this problem. One of the regular Mac-Forum people will be along shortly to help, I expect.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hah, thanks guys. For some reason a guy with 15 posts linking random .JARs seemed sketchy...

I'm about to just go buy the remote monitor cable and see where that takes me...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.