photos

Reaction score
I want to move 500 photos in pictures/finder to a folder that I have created in pictures/finder.
What is the method please? It sounds simple to me and could do it easily in xp but not in my darling new Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
- Highlight all 500 pictures.
- Right click or "Two fingers tap"
- Click "New Folder with Selection"

OP
I
Reaction score
there is no choice to click "new folder with selection" There is "compress" "copy" or "alias".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
How about enabling drag and drop
- System Preferences
- Trackpad
- Point & click
- Three fingers drag

Now you can highlight your 500 pics then drag and drop them into the folder you created using 3 fingers

C

chas_m

CebuCity's first suggestion worked perfectly for me. Ingxmc, you should definitely consider upgrading to Mountain Lion.

OP
I
Reaction score
thanks so much. It is a joy to receive an answer from someone who understands the question. It worked but the photos have also remained in " pictures". Should I delete them? Will they remain in there new folder?
I had to verify the move to the new album. Is that usual?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It should be OK to delete it if you are sure the photos are already in the folder you created.
It should remain in the new folder.

I had to verify the move to the new album. Is that usual?
sorry but I don't understand your question.

OP
I
Reaction score
The verify means -- a drop down box appears asking me to enter my password. This occurs with most changes I make. It would be helpful if you could sort this out for me. I suppose its in system preferences???
Also, I am using a wireless PC and each time I close the lid without shutting down, I Ioose internet.

Thanks for the other answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The verify means -- a drop down box appears asking me to enter my password. This occurs with most changes I make. It would be helpful if you could sort this out for me. I suppose its in system preferences???
Also, I am using a wireless PC and each time I close the lid without shutting down, I Ioose internet.

Thanks for the other answer.

That's normal with OSX. It should ask for password for your own safety. That is relevant when you change something related to system changes. I'm very happy OSX does that. So don't worry, learn to live with it. It's for your own good.

When you upgrade to Mountain Lion the internet connection will not be interrupted even when lid closed (sleep mode).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mountain Lion is the latest. Lion is the predecessor. Both does the password confirmation. Mountain lion does the not interrupt internet when lit is closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
When you upgrade to Mountain Lion the internet connection will not be interrupted even when lid closed (sleep mode).

Not true CebuCity.. I have Mountain Lion and that only works on the Retina Macbook Pro and the Macbook Air. I have a 13" MBP from mid-2012...

OP
I
Reaction score
ok, so if I have the Lion macbook pro 10.7.5 , can I do anything to remain on line after closing the lid. I am a beginner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.