Old school Mac - worth restoring it?

Reaction score
I found that Power MACintosh and i was wondering if its parts could be of any use?

Other than that would it worth restoring it even with an old Os?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If it was in working condition, you could take it to experiment with it assuming the owner had the original discs and so on.

If it's just the parts and you want to restore it, you would be hard pressed to do anything "recent" or "modern" with it..

The specs are here and as you can see it was a decent computer from 1995, but outdated for todays software..

It can only run OS 9 as the latest OS, so if you want to browse the web or something with this, you won't have Flash support and probably only Safari from that era and so on..

Finding the parts to make this thing work could be expensive since you'll probably have to buy a bunch of these computers to make one whole one..

My opinion, let it be..:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I have got one of those in the attic. If its working then go ahead and tinker away

If its not working, then its a chore to get them back up and running

C

chas_m

In the year 2012, a PPC Mac is not really of much practical value as a general-use computer (too many incompatibilities with modern web tech and software). As a dedicated-purpose computer they are still quite useful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.