Connecting MacBook Pro to Asus monitor

Reaction score
I have plugged in VGA cable from ASUS monitor to Apple Adaptor to my MacBook Pro.

The MacBook recognises the monitor but the monitor is displaying "VGA no signal". I tried on another monitor and got the same thing. By googling it appears this is a common problem but I have not found a solution recorded anywhere.

Is there some setting I need to adjust?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which MBP do you have, year and model? And what adapter are you using to connect to the Asus?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The MiniDisplay Port adapter is backward compatible with the Thunderbolt output port on your 2013 MBP and should work. However, it is not recommended to use VGA as an input to your Asus monitor. VGA is not a digital signal (it's analog) and will either result in poor video or none at all.

Your Asus monitor should have either a DVI input port or HDMI input port. Use those if possible. You will also need to get the correct adapter: MDP to DVI or HDMI and a matching cable to the Asus. And read the manual for your Asus so you can be sure to set it up correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.