Mac book

Reaction score
I have a Mac Book that is referbished. Recently my keyboard has stopped working, if i type a letter three letters will show up. Also my mouse track pad isnt working right. When I try to move it, moves the opposite way. But at the moment I cant even log in.

We are stuck with the log in screen and can not get past that. Log in screen will not accept current password. Have tried all the re-boot processes while holding down certain keys, but we are unable to get logged in.

We will look into geting an external keyboard to see if that is the problem, but am wondring if we are experiencing something more serious or hardware related.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Try the external keyboard and mouse which will confirm that the keyboard and the track pad are bad. Is this refurbished from Apple or someone else? Does it have a warranty or something?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for your repky Raz0rEdge! External keyboard was successful as well as the external mouse. Unfortunatley the warranty has expired, so we will work on fixing ourselves.

WARNING*** Do not let little sisters take computer in the bathroom while taking a hot 20 minute shower to listen to music! *** (Apparently it happened more than once!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.