Can I transfer Notes form iMac to new MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21, iPad2, Mac Book Pro
I have just purchased a new Mac Book Pro and wonder if I can transfer notes form an existing iMac or have to purchase a new version for the Mac Book?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
??? Notes from what? In what application are these notes?

Maybe try Migration Assistant and move all your data/software from the iMac to the MBP.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21, iPad2, Mac Book Pro
Pardon me for the lack of information. I mean the application Notes itself. I have it on my IMac but it was not pre-loaded on my new Net Book. I am assuming that I will have to buy a new version for the Net Book?

Thanks, Harvey

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you purchased it from the App Store and you have used the same Apple ID on the new computer, all you need to do is go to the App Store and download it to your new Computer.

FYI: There is no Mac that is termed a "Net" Book. Short for MacBook Pro would be MBP.

If that app does not have the capability of auto syncing between computers and devices, would suggest you might want to consider Evernote instead - and it's free.

C

chas_m

If you are referring to the application "Notes" which appears on Mountain Lion, your notes will automatically be synced between all your devices by simply using the same Apple ID in your iCloud settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.